Saturday, January 8, 2011

Some of my favorite illustrators

I'm a trend-follower; I'm just as in love with the flat, graphic 1950's/1960's illustration style as the rest of the world. Here are some of my favorites:

First, from the actual 1950's and 1960's, we have Jim Flora and Charley Harper. Just check out those shapes!

From Jim Flora's Kangaroo for Christmas, via here.
By Jim Flora, via this place.
From Charley Harper's ABCs, via this place.
From a Charley Harper book, via this place.

Then we have two contemporary illustrators who have some of that same flair, Ward Jenkins and the ever-stylish Matte Stephens. Yes, I am a Mad Men fan:

Ultimate Mad Men Party, Ward Jenkins
Daytripping, Ward Jenkins
Matte Stephens, via Spraygraphic.
By Matte Stephens, via Monkeyama.

If you dig this stuff just as much as I do, take a look at grain edit, a blog dedicated to 50's and 60's era modern illustration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...